Each year, four beneficiaries will be chosen from amongst applications received by The Trust. These beneficiaries may also be projects or associations that Shongololo Express as an organisation feels they should be supporting.

Guests will join and pay for a normal Shongololo Express adventure. During this adventure, Shongololo Express will then subsidies the guests who spend 40% of their time volunteering at various beneficiaries. The other 60% of there time will be adventuring and exploring Africa at its best. In return, 40% of their fee will go towards beneficiaries and 60% of their fee will cover the costs of their trip on the train.

In the same way that guests can select they’re off train excursions by category, so donors can choose to give to projects under different headings. These are Education, Culture & Heritage, Environment, and Wildlife.

To go back to the Peace Train, click here

 IMG_1123